How many pets can be on the same Animal Health Certificate?

You can have up to 5 pets on the same Animal Health Certificate AHC, unless you are travelling to attend a competition, show or sporting event. Any more than this and you will need an Export Health Certificate (EHC).

What if I am travelling to a non-EU country?

If you’re travelling to a non-EU country, you’ll need to get an Export Health Certificate (EHC). The requirements vary depending on the country. You will need to apply for a certificate through government gateway. Please give PetJetters a call and we can discuss the EHC process and price.

Can I use my pet passport?

GB-issued pet passports are no longer valid for travel. A passport issued in the EU or Northern Ireland can still be used for travel provided the rabies vaccine is current. If the vaccine lapses, only an EU vet can update the passport.

A GB pet passport can be used as proof of rabies vaccination.

What happens at the appointment and how long does the appointment take?

The pre-appointment form contains all the information needed in order to complete the Animal Health Certificate.

At the appointment, your pets microchip will be scanned, your pet will be briefly examined and you will need to sign the owner declaration which will be discussed. Your AHC will then be issued. The appointment should take approximately 20 minutes for the standard AHC.

Who can apply for an Animal Health Certificate?

It must be the owner of the pet who applies for the health certificate, and they must be over 16 years old.

Someone else with be travelling with my pet – is this a problem?

Your pet can travel with a pet transport company or named person (family or friend) provided you are re-united with your pet within 5 days of their departure. The travel company or named person will need to carry proof of your travel. This can be discussed in further detail if necessary.

How much does an Animal Health Certificate cost?

Please see the services page for price information.